Fireplace accessories can enrich your fireplace experience. The right accessories can make your fire burn more efficiently, make it easier for you to tend your fires, make your hearth safer and enhance the beauty of your hearth. At FireSide Hearth & Home, we carry a lineup of hearth accessories that will beautify your hearth and help you maintain your fires.
What fireplace accessories do you need?
Some accessories are more about beauty than function, but there are some fireplace accessories that you shouldnâ€™t be without. Fireplace accessories you shouldnâ€™t skip include:
- Fireplace grate or andirons. Air needs to circulate around a fire for the fire to burn efficiently. A fireplace grate or andirons elevate your fire off of the ground of the firebox. Grates and andirons range from simplistic and functional to ornate and stylish. They can be a fun way to style your fireplace while getting a better burn.
- Metal screen or spark guard. When you have an open-hearth fireplace, the fire inevitably pops and sparks. Embers can fly. Logs can shift and fall from the grate. A mesh screen or spark guard can keep burning materials in the firebox, keeping you and your family safe and saving your flooring and furniture from burn marks. Like grates and andirons, screens can be all about function or add flair to your hearth. Screens can sit upon your hearth or hang from the front of the firebox. Spark guards, meanwhile, tend to be more about safety. They provide full coverage for the open hearth to thoroughly keep sparks in.
- Tool sets. A good tool set helps you to tend your fires. Most include a fire poker, a set of tongs, and an ash brush and ash shovel. While tool sets are a functional necessity for anyone with a fireplace, a quality set of fireplace tools can help to decorate your hearth.
- Wood basket or stand. If you have a wood-burning fireplace, you need a place to set your wood when you bring it inside. A wood basket or wood stand can sit next to your fireplace to give you an attractive and convenient place to store your firewood.
- Ash bucket. A metal ash bucket is a necessity when it comes to clearing away the ashes from your fireplace. A metal bucket prevents any still burning embers from igniting a fire while you dispose of your fireplace waste.
What other fireplace accessories should you consider?
There are plenty of fireplace accessories that make tending your fire easier, or that help to decorate your hearth. Those accessories include:
- Wood carriers to help you tote wood to your hearth.
- Â Rugs to protect your flooring from flying embers.
- Â Damper pulls to help you open and close your damper.
- Â A fireback, which can decorate your firebox and help reflect heat back into your home.
- Â Gloves to help protect your hands from the heat and flames of your fireplace.
- Â Hearth mice and crickets to add a bit of traditional good luck to your hearth.
If you are ready to dress up your hearth with a new fireplace accessory, or if you are missing a fireplace necessity, visit FireSide Hearth & Home. Come see all of the fireplace accessories we have to offer!