Do you wish you got more heat from your fireplace? Do you have an outdated fireplace insert that’s inefficient? Does your open-hearth fireplace sit unused all winter because you don’t want to put the effort into building and tending a fire? Is your outdated hearth just plain unattractive? You could get more from your fireplace – more heat, more efficiency, more use, more style – with a fireplace insert.

More Heat

There’s no denying that traditional, open-hearth fireplaces are beautiful. They allow you to enjoy crackling logs and a beautiful, glowing fire. Unfortunately, open-hearth fireplaces are terrible sources of heat and can actually send more heat out of your home than they generate. While an open-hearth fireplace is burning, they’re only about 10 percent efficient. That means that 10 percent of the fire’s heat enters your home, while the remaining 90 percent goes right up the chimney. Even worse, when the fireplace isn’t in use, it can send a significant amount of heated air up and out of the chimney.

In the end, that means your open-hearth fireplace could actually be taking more heat out of your home than it creates. A fireplace insert, by contrast, closes off the chimney system. They return far more heat to your home – anywhere between 60 and 90 percent of the fire’s heat – and they don’t allow air from your home to enter the chimney when they’re not in use.

More Efficiency

Nearly all fireplace inserts are now EPA rated for efficiency. They are specially made to emit as little fire product as possible while returning as much heat as possible to your home. If you have an outdated fireplace insert, installing a new fireplace insert will lower your fireplace fuel costs, increase the amount of heat that’s put off into your home and decrease the number of fine particles your fireplace releases into your home and your neighborhood. While EPA-certified pellet and wood inserts are far more efficient than outdated, noncertified models, gas fireplace inserts are the top choice if you’re seeking efficiency.

More Usability

If you rarely use your open-hearth fireplace because of the work it takes, an insert could have you making use of your fireplace on a regular basis. Gas fireplace inserts allow you to turn on your fireplace with the press of a button, and they can be wired to a thermostat for automatic controls. Even a wood insert will require less tending because of its increased efficiency, and pellet stoves feature hoppers and automatic feeders, so you only have to load pellets once or twice a day to enjoy your fireplace.

More Style

An insert can automatically upgrade an outdated fireplace! There’s a fireplace insert to fit any style, ranging from traditional and rustic to modern and sleek. With a fireplace insert, your hearth can once again serve as a stylish focal point for your home.

If you’re ready to get more from your hearth – more heat, more efficiency, more use and more style – visit FireSide Hearth & Home today! We can help you find a fireplace insert that fits your hearth and your needs.

Let Our Experts Help You With Your Decision!

Regardless of what you’re looking for, the experts at FireSide Hearth & Home are here to help you along the way. Once you’ve selected and purchased your new unit, our NFI-certified professionals will handle the installation for you so you can burn with confidence. We want you to see us as your full-service hearth and home supplier!

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Royal Oak

30295 Woodward Ave.

Royal Oak, MI 48073

(248) 291-9050


42679 Ford Rd.

Canton, MI 48187

(734) 844-1164


8335 Hall Rd.

Utica, MI 48317

(586) 726-7100


7041 Grand River

Brighton, MI 48114

(810) 775-5300